Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart B110a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently purchased a HP B110a second hand but it came with no documentation or setup cartridges which it apparently needs to even turn on. Is there a way to use the printer without these cartridges or anywhere I could buy them as I haven't seen any available. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@FZappa,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I am sending you a private message suggesting next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

@FZappa,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I am sending you a private message suggesting next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your reply worked brilliantly, thank you very much

HP Recommended

@FZappa,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you could send me the same information I'd really appreciate it! I'm in a similar situation I don't have the colored setup ink carterage for my Envy Photo 7855

HP Recommended

@LOLCHICKEN3

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Barachiel is at your service. 

I Understand you are in need of support,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message with the required information's,

Keep me posted,

Good Luck. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@FZappa

Welcome to HP Support Community

We can try a Trade OOBE Reset and then you can try using regular cartridges

Since these steps are specific to your Printer, I have sent you a private message with the instructions

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!

I have the same problem... i try to make a fullreset and a oob reset, but the printer continue asking me for the setup cartridges.

Is a Officejet pro 8600.

Regards

HP Recommended

I recently purchased the Officejet pro 6978 but broke the setup cartridge.  I purchase new cartridges to put in the machine but can't get past the message Use Setup Cartridges.  I have no way to use the setup cartridge as they were damaged while taking off the orange tab.  Please help me solve this issue.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with an Envy 5032 S/N: TH89E6H1HB  FPU: M2U85-64002, there are no setup cartridges in my box. Can you send me the relevant bypass please as I see it has been successfull with similar issues. Thanks in advance!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.