Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
C7250
Microsoft Windows Vista

I refilled black and blue ink cartridges at CostCo.  I've refilled HP ink cartridges at CostCo many times.  The display pannel shows:

! Ink Cartridge Problem

The following in cartridge(s) appear to be missed or damaged

Refer to printer documentation

Normally, it woould show the color in the error message.  It didn't show any color above 'Refer to printer document' line.  The printer just hung and won't respond to any key.  I treid reset, cancel, power off, and power on.  The printer just stopped working at all.  Please help.

Thanks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Search the web for the best wireless printers.  Then go to Amazon and read ALL the customer reviews.  Make sure to expand on them all as the rating system does not work. 

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_72_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A1064954%2Cn%3A172574%2Ck%3Aall+in+one+...

I have switched to Brother printers.   High in reliability, 2 years warranty, lifetime phone support.  Best of all cartridges are only about $6 for XL and last 6-9 months.

YMMV.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It's possible Costco may have damaged the cartridges.   Install genuine HP cartridges to see if that resolves your issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks you for your fast response.  If I want to buy a new cheapest All-In-One printer, what model and brand you recommend?  I don't use the printer to print photo at all and rarely print doc. 

Thanks,

Chris

HP Recommended

Search the web for the best wireless printers.  Then go to Amazon and read ALL the customer reviews.  Make sure to expand on them all as the rating system does not work. 

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_72_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A1064954%2Cn%3A172574%2Ck%3Aall+in+one+...

I have switched to Brother printers.   High in reliability, 2 years warranty, lifetime phone support.  Best of all cartridges are only about $6 for XL and last 6-9 months.

YMMV.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.