Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (111 Views)

C7280 all-in-one printer doesn't recognize new HP 02 cartridges.

Product Name: HP C7280
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and older

My neighbors HP C7280 displays a message on the printer screen saying cartridges are not installed. New HP 02 cartridges have just been installed. Printer is connected to an Apple computer and has been in service for many months. He replaced all cartridges because of getting an "out of ink" message on printer screen. Message is displayed as soon as printer is powered up and you can't get by the error to try anything else (ie HELP). Tried Power Down/Up, and even the # 6 reset process twice), nothing worked.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Jim S
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (62 Views)

Re: C7280 all-in-one printer doesn't recognize new HP 02 cartridges.

@SweeneyJJ

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Photosmart C7280 Printer. I understand that you are getting cartridge error and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Clean the cartridge contacts.

Reseat the cartridge.

Reset the printer.

1. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.

2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4. Wait at least 15 seconds.

5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (27 Views)

Re: C7280 all-in-one printer doesn't recognize new HP 02 cartridges.

Sandy:  My neighbor had a local "computer tech" out to look at the problem. His response "the printer can not be fixed because the cartridge sockets are no longer compatible with the current 02 cartridges". Can this possibly be the case?

Jim S
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation