Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello !

I have similar problem. HP DeskJet 840C is connected to Windos10 via LPT-USB adapter. 

Computer easily find the printer type. However, even if printing mode is set to "colour", it still prints black and white.  Please what is the proper setting to enable colour printing ?

Yours, Miro 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved. The problem was dried color toner we received from the vendor (expiration was in 2007 ;), now we got proper toners.

Both Windows 7/10 are properly setting driver for "hp deskjet 840c" and the printer is printing properly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @miro_ilias,

Thanks for reaching out! I would like to help 🙂

At this time, a full feature Windows 10 driver solution is not available for your product since HP Deskjet 6122 is a very old model printer. But, we can install the printer using the alternate printer drivers or built-in printer drivers.

There is no need to download any additional software. The print driver for HP Deskjet 990c works as an alternative driver that is compatible with many types of HP printers. 

Go to http://hp.care/2nKhTqX and follow the detailed instructions to install your HP printer.

If the issue still persists, then try installing the printer using the Windows built in drivers.

Go to: HP printer setup (Windows built-in driver) and follow the "step 3" to install the printer using the built in drivers.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good Luck 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @miro_ilias,

We haven't heard from you,
This Post is with reference to the thread you had recently created at your friendly neighborhood (HP Forums),

I would like to know if the resolution I had provided worked for you?
Please reply back in your public post as the private message board is not always monitored

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply back to the Jeet_Singh,
And Thank You for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 
Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  
Have a great day!
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Solved. The problem was dried color toner we received from the vendor (expiration was in 2007 ;), now we got proper toners.

Both Windows 7/10 are properly setting driver for "hp deskjet 840c" and the printer is printing properly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.