Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (65 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can HP 6958 printer be connected to Envy laptop by cable, such as USB, HDMI, other? I

Product Name: HP Latex 600 Printer (HP Scitex LX600 Industrial Printer)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can HP 6958 printer be connected to Envy laptop by cable, such as USB, HDMI, other? I ask because my laptop to HP6958 wifi connection is iffy.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Can HP 6958 printer be connected to Envy laptop by cable, such as USB, HDMI, other? I

Hi @MEC60

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out Smiley Happy 

Yes, you can connect the Printer to the Notebook's USB port and it will work.

Make sure you have the Full Feature Software installed. 

You can download the Software from this Link

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you Smiley Happy

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Solution Accepted and Kudos Buttons.

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (40 Views)

Re: Can HP 6958 printer be connected to Envy laptop by cable, such as USB, HDMI, other? I

Hi @MEC60

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out Smiley Happy 

Yes, you can connect the Printer to the Notebook's USB port and it will work.

Make sure you have the Full Feature Software installed. 

You can download the Software from this Link

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you Smiley Happy

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Solution Accepted and Kudos Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (26 Views)

Thank you!  The USB port on the rear of the printer appears to be the kind that is square rather than rectangular.  I didn't recognize it as a USB port.  Again, thank you for your prompt response!

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (19 Views)

Hi @MEC60

I'm glad we were able to get this sorted out. Please visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anything you need assistance.

Note: The USB ports and connectors for the Printer is different from regular USB ports. You can purchase those USB Printer cables from any computer store.

Thank you. Smiley Happy

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation