Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Latex 600 Printer (HP Scitex LX600 Industrial Printer)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can HP 6958 printer be connected to Envy laptop by cable, such as USB, HDMI, other? I ask because my laptop to HP6958 wifi connection is iffy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MEC60

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

Yes, you can connect the Printer to the Notebook's USB port and it will work.

Make sure you have the Full Feature Software installed. 

You can download the Software from this Link

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Solution Accepted and Kudos Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @MEC60

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

Yes, you can connect the Printer to the Notebook's USB port and it will work.

Make sure you have the Full Feature Software installed. 

You can download the Software from this Link

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Solution Accepted and Kudos Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you!  The USB port on the rear of the printer appears to be the kind that is square rather than rectangular.  I didn't recognize it as a USB port.  Again, thank you for your prompt response!

HP Recommended

Hi @MEC60

I'm glad we were able to get this sorted out. Please visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anything you need assistance.

Note: The USB ports and connectors for the Printer is different from regular USB ports. You can purchase those USB Printer cables from any computer store.

Thank you. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.