Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3635
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Capture.JPG
can i asked for a reset code for my Printer?? thanks

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@koolkoy, Welcome to HP Support Community!

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, just read your message, I'll provide a Tri-color cartridge as soon as I receive my salary. Can you hold up for the meantime for me? THANKS

HP Recommended

@koolkoy

Sure, once you have the Tri-color ink cartridge, send us the screenshot again in a private message for further assistance.

Keep us posted. Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

one more thing.

Do I have something to pay for requesting for the Region code?

HP Recommended

@koolkoy

We would assist you and provide the best support we can, free of charge on our HP Support Community 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

REQUEST REGION CODE.JPG

HP Recommended

Hello there! I just provided the Tri-color cartridge. Sorry for the long wait..

I'm very hopeful that you help me fix about my printers' issue.

Thanks HP ^ more power

HP Recommended

@koolkoy

Please perform the steps below to regional reset the printer:

1.) Launch the printer software from the product's desktop icon. Or, from the Start menu, click Start, All Programs, HP, the Product Name, and then the Product Name again.

2.) Double-click the Estimated Ink Levels icon in the printer software. The Estimated Ink Levels window opens.

3.) Press and hold the CTRL and SHIFT keys, and then right-click anywhere in the Estimated Ink Levels window, except for a button. The Set New Region window opens. If the Set New Region window fails to open, right-click to the right and left of the Estimated Ink Levels window.

4.) Your reset code is (0216-0717-7989-0817-0470). Once the Set New Region Windows opens, type the first four digits into the first box below "Enter reset code provided by support personal". Then, move the cursor to the next box to fill in the next four digits, and so on until all four boxes are filled. Note that the boxes will hold more than four digits, but enter only four digits in each box, please do not enter the hyphen (-).

5)  Once you enter the reset code in the first five boxes, a code will automatically appear in the box below. Please make sure that code matches 55819, If it matches Click Ok to regional reset the printer.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

My printer is still can't recognize the cartridges after i've set the Reset codes. Can you help me out, please.. 

THANKS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.