Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7800

Hi All / HP:

I just joined the InstantInk service and installed the cartrige.  My printer uses single color and single black.   I still have a lot of my own Black Inks.

I am wondering if I can us the color Instant Ink and my OWN black ink at the same time.   Aka, will it considered a page count if I only print to my own Black Ink?   

I understood that printing to Instant color or black instant ink are the same pricing;  but I just want to use up the Black Ink before they actually dry-up!

Thanks,

JB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JBLi,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post you are having issues with the Instant ink program. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

As I understand you want to know if you use color Instant ink cartridge with black regular ink cartridge installed will the page count be counted, Yes, Once you install the Instant ink cartridges the page count starts. 

In case if you lots of regular black ink cartridge left, you can store it using air tight container and use it when you are in need.

HP Instant Ink plan fees are based on the number of pages that you print, not on how many ink cartridges you use. For more details, please follow this link: HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accept as solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JBLi,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post you are having issues with the Instant ink program. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

As I understand you want to know if you use color Instant ink cartridge with black regular ink cartridge installed will the page count be counted, Yes, Once you install the Instant ink cartridges the page count starts. 

In case if you lots of regular black ink cartridge left, you can store it using air tight container and use it when you are in need.

HP Instant Ink plan fees are based on the number of pages that you print, not on how many ink cartridges you use. For more details, please follow this link: HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accept as solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the reply!  I might have missed in the FAQ, but if not, would suggest adding this question.

HP Recommended

@JBLi,

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution.

I cannot make any speculations when it would be updated. However, I would put this across to the concern team so that they can make changes and have this updated in the near future.

Your valuable feedback is very much appreciated. 

Please reach out to us anytime if you have any further questions. Take care!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.