Did you mean: 
Nonethewiser
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can not obtain product code to buy an ink plan

HP deskjet 2630 printer

I am trying to purchase a monthly ink plan and I cannot obtain my product number (which I need to enter to proceed to buy the plan) as the information which is on a document printed by the printer is illegible (text is feint & overlaps other text).

I have found an answer to a similar query which advised to use the product code - this didn’t work.

I have then seen advice to enter the first part of my printer’s email address, but I cannot find this.

Please help. I’ve had the printer for months & never been able to use it!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,967 9,970 883 1,055
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can not obtain product code to buy an ink plan

Hi @Nonethewiser

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the "Claim Code".

Let's try these steps -

1) From the printer control panel, press the Wireless button and the Information button together to print the network configuration page.

2) Find out the IP address or hostname of the printer from the network configuration page.

3) In a supported web browser on your computer or a mobile device, type the IP address or hostname assigned to the printer.

For example, if the IP address is 192.168.0.12, type the following address into a Web browser: http://192.168.0.12.

4) Click the Web Services tab.

5) In the Web Services Settings section, click Setup, click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to accept the terms of use.

6) If prompted, choose to allow the printer to check for and install printer updates

7) When the printer is connected to the server, you'll ePrint.com email displayed on the screen. 

You may also refer to this document.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation