Did you mean: 
1CTK
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can only print in grayscale

Hi, 

I have a brand new HP 9010 all in one  (replacing an HP 8600 all in one that has given me great service 11+years). 

Problem is the 9010 will only print in gray scale. 

all the set up and reports print in color.  Anything I send to it prints in grayscale.

I have re installed the software and have gone through the system preferences.  I cant see a switch. 

by the way, when I send to the 8600 the print dialog box shows a choice, (Presets) of how you want to print it. color-fine, black and white - draft etc...     This choice does not appear in the 9010 print dialogue box... additionally the printed page displayed turns to gray scale.  

I thinking I am missing a switch somewhere...

I am using a Mac 21" 2017   High Sierra  10.13.6 

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,256 4,245 279 319
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can only print in grayscale

@1CTK, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which application are you trying to print from?

Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

This seems like a driver issue. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click here to know how.

Install HP Smart app on your MAC to print and scan

Click here to download the app. For more info on HP Smart app, refer to this document.

Note: You may also try using a USB cable and check if that helps.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation