Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4620
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Printer stopped last night.  Have tried reconfiguring printer, router & laptop.  I can scan and trigger test prints from laptop so I guess the connection is good but it will not print 3rd party documents from Word, Photoshop, etc. Ink levels and paper supply all good. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, that has worked - though it still says Driver Version: 2.0   So I don't really understand what has happened to cause the problem across three separate computers simultaneously or how the fix has corrected it - but it works, so thank you! :OpenSmile:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi KRann!

Double check and see if you are selecting the correct printer when printing from 3rd party programs such as MS Office.

select printer.png

Or better make it as a default printer so you don't need to do this anytime you print.

Hope this will help.
Have a good day! 🙂

"Although I am working for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response but sadly it is nothing so obvious.  Every separate piece of hardware appears to function perfectly and wi-fi signal from computer to printer is working as is printer to computer (I can trigger successful scans and test prints) but when I send work they appear in the print queue for a couple of seconds then disappear and no print is triggered.  The printer will print on USB.  Is it some kind of driver issue?  In which case which driver should I have and where do I install it - I can't see any obvious links and when I check for sofware updates (on Mac) it says all software is upto date.

HP Recommended

Hmm. Is the printer currently installed on your Mac via Airprint?

If so, let's try to use the designated driver for your OJ 4620.

Remove your printer first on your Mac and then download the full feature software here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-4620-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/510122...

The driver is user friendly and all the instructions you need to install the printer were provided.

Let me know if this worked. 🙂

HP Recommended

No, that didn't work either and I had already tried that - but tried it again just in case!   In my efforts to resolve the problem I started up an older Mac mini computer I have and surprisingly it prints.  I looked at all the details and note that on all the new instalations it says Driver Version: 2.0  whereas on the Macmini it says Driver Version: 4.2.4 but I can't see anywhere to change or update the 2.0 to what I assume is the newer version 4.2.4. There appears to be no option to update it.  Can you tell me how to do that and I will try that next.  Thank you

HP Recommended

It's interesting that it worked on your Mac mini but not on you new Mac laptop.

Is your Mac mini also runs in Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan?

HP Drivers that are available on HP's support website should be the latest one. But since there are still known issues with regards to printing and installing print drivers on Mac OS X 10.11, let's try this Apple print driver. This is quite a large download, as it includes drivers not just from HP but other manufacturers as well.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL907?locale=en_US

After installing the driver, try resetting the printing system, and try printing again.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

2. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.

After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.

3. Re-add any printers.

I hope this will work this time. 🙂

HP Recommended

Yes, that has worked - though it still says Driver Version: 2.0   So I don't really understand what has happened to cause the problem across three separate computers simultaneously or how the fix has corrected it - but it works, so thank you! :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

merci bien pour c'est inforamation vraiment ::smileywink:

Spoiler
Spoiler
HP Recommended

Hi KRann!

Glad to hear that your scanner is working now. Yey!

Kindly mark my post that resolved you issue as Accepted Solution so it can also help those people with the same concerns.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.