Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Mac Mini
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Long ago I disabled the wireless on my printer (HP OfficeJet Pro 7740) and now I want to use it.  But no matter what I do I still get the message that "This feature has been disabled.  Contact the person who set up the printer" when I press the wireless button on the front panel.

I've searched the forum posts and have followed all the steps in DavidSMP's response to a similar question (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-OfficeJet-250-7740-printer-wireless-connection-disa...) with no success.

Over and above going through the steps in DavidSMP's response, I've done numerous resets and restores to factory default settings  I still get the message that "This feature has been disabled.  Contact the person who set up the printer" when I press the wireless button on the front panel.

Some of the information I have seen suggests that there should be a wireless menu item in the preferences section but there is none nor can I bring one up involving the wireless front panel button.

I have additionally  reset my Mac's printer preferences and reinstalled the printer but it has not made a difference either.

I'm stumped and frustrated, and hoping someone can help me out with a magic word to get my wireless working again.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the inputs but the methods suggested in your note above did not resolve the issue.  However, the information you provided in your PM did fix it.  Thank you SO much!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @John-Ha

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. Try restoring the network settings to defaults - 

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).
2. Touch Network Setup.
3. Touch Restore Network Settings.
A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored.
4. Touch Yes.

If the issue still persists, I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the inputs but the methods suggested in your note above did not resolve the issue.  However, the information you provided in your PM did fix it.  Thank you SO much!!

HP Recommended

@John-Ha

You are welcome.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita6658

I'm having the same issues as @john-ha, he mentioned that your DM to him helped fix things?

tried all different resets, nothing worked

also the 'network preferences' option doesn't appear in the setup 

product: iMac

macOS Sierra 10.12.6

thanks!

Can't Re-enable wireless on OfficeJet Pro 7740

Mac Mini
MacOS 10.13 High Sierra

Long ago I disabled the wireless on my printer (HP OfficeJet Pro 7740) and now I want to use it.  But no matter what I do I still get the message that "This feature has been disabled.  Contact the person who set up the printer" when I press the wireless button on the front panel.

I've searched the forum posts and have followed all the steps in DavidSMP's response to a similar question (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-OfficeJet-250-7740-printer-wireless-connection-disa...) with no success.

Over and above going through the steps in DavidSMP's response, I've done numerous resets and restores to factory default settings  I still get the message that "This feature has been disabled.  Contact the person who set up the printer" when I press the wireless button on the front panel.

Some of the information I have seen suggests that there should be a wireless menu item in the preferences section but there is none nor can I bring one up involving the wireless front panel button.

I have additionally  reset my Mac's printer preferences and reinstalled the printer but it has not made a difference either.

I'm stumped and frustrated, and hoping someone can help me out with a magic word to get my wireless working again.

Thank you in advance!

HP Recommended

Hi @a23element

Please check your PM for reset information. 

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi community!

The following video may help you:

Reconnecting a Touchscreen Printer to a Wireless Network

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.