Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 4524
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a replacement printer but no ink cartridges. My old printer is enrolled in instant ink service, which I am cancelling because I no longer have that printer. Problem is I am unable to set up my new printer as without ink cartridges, the menu screen will not move from a message saying  'Cartridge can only be used in initial printer that originally installed it'.  It won't let me bypass this message to enrol my current printer, nor set up web services, Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Limebird, Terry here.

Welcome to the HP forums.

Yes you cannot use Instant Ink in another printer once it has been inserted in another. 

PM me your email address and I can look into the whereabouts of your welcome kit. (Please do not post that information here in public.)

-Terry

HP Instant Ink Support

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Limebird, Terry here.

Welcome to the HP forums.

Yes you cannot use Instant Ink in another printer once it has been inserted in another. 

PM me your email address and I can look into the whereabouts of your welcome kit. (Please do not post that information here in public.)

-Terry

HP Instant Ink Support

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Terry thank you so much for providing a solution. I very much appreciate it. I only wish I had entered the forum much earlier. Have a brilliant day :womanvery-happy:

HP Recommended

My pleasure @Limebird

Take care 🙂

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

So why does the replacement printer that I've received tell me to reuse the cartridges from the original printer? They aren't recognised, I cant add the new printer to instant ink as it keeps bringing up the original printer's details and as I cant register it I cant get any replacement cartridges. I have a printer but no cartridges that work. Ive spent hours on this it's rediculous NON INSTANT PRINT!!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.