Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7855 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP Support Assistant tells me that I need to install firmware version 1925 on my printer. When I go through the install process, it downloads the update, gathers configuration information, analyzes my system  and asks me to select the only HP printer I have attached to my system which is attached via Wi-Fi. When I highlight my selection, it won't let me click on the "INSTALL" icon because the icon is greyed out. My only selectable icon is "CANCEL". I have no problem printing to my printer. I get the same result after powering the printer off and on again. Any suggestions on what the source of my problem might be? Somehow it does not seem to recognize my printer.  Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@jpmlennon

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You can upgrade the Printer's firmware from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  None of the methods work and allow you to select the box.  I have had this problem for a while and HP Support Assistant keeps telling me I need to update.  I think the problem is that the firmware version currently on the system is 1931 and it thinks 1925A is a backward step so will not permit an install.  The printer is great, but as others report elsewhere is crashes with a flicking screen etc. when trying to scan after a period of time.  I am wondering whether this is because of the firmware and that the solution is a backstep to 1925 - if so, it doesn't work because it will not override 1931.  It would be really great if HP could issue the firmware as 1935 to solve these issues.  I suspect quite a few have this problem.

HP Recommended

@egsgbn,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your printer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the post.  In answer to your questions, I have a three-month-old HP EnvyPhoto 5234, running Windows 10 with all the latest updates (and OK with HP Support Assistant) and I have also run HP Scan and Print Doctor which reports everything is OK and checked all settings etc that I can.  As an aside,  I do get the same issue as reported here, https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Envy-6234-error-with-every-scan-copy/m-p/7... on scan after a time, but I assume this is related to the firmware which is why I am very interested in sorting this issue on the update to the firmware.  Thanks for your help. 

HP Recommended

@egsgbn,

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you uninstall the HP support assistant and then download and install it from the below link to stop getting the printer firmware update.

https://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/p...

For the scanning issue, we need to perform a semi-full reset to fix this issue. However, as the steps to perform a semi-full reset are confidential and specific to your printer. I will be sending you a private message please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just an update...

I thought the problem was solved, but the 1925 firmware update re-appeared today... 😞

Don't think this is related to the support assistant as had deleted and re-install deleting all the metadata.

HP Recommended

@egsgbn,

Are you getting the firmware update notification on the printer? 

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and update the printer firmware from the computer and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, not on the printer, just on the HP Support Assistant.  None of the steps in the link you posted work  All result in a failed update/error.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@egsgbn,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.