Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I just purchased a HP envy photo 7155 yesterday and printed ~ 20 envelopes (7.5" x 4.25"). Today the printer grabs the envelope and sounds like it is printing but the envelope comes out blank. Any ideas what is wrong?  Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@topspin64

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, your printer is not printing an envelope,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Is normal printing working fine?

Are you able to make a photocopy?

Have you made any hardware/software changes?

Make sure you have selected correct paper type and paper size: https://hp.care/2Dp6VvT

Once I have the information, I'll help you further 🙂

Keep me posted 

Cheers 🙂

HP Recommended

My wife figured out a way to print on 7.5" x 4.75" envelopes. Place the envelope at the bottom edge of a 8.5" x 11" piece of paper with a small piece of tape with the face up. Then flip the 8.5" x 11" piece of paper over face down in the printer and print away. Worked fine except I had to do this with each envelope separately. Time consuming but worked.

HP Recommended

@topspin64

Thank you for your reply.

As @Flower_Bud is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I truly appreciate your patience and efforts.

I'm glad that you have found a way to print the envelopes.. However, you may also refer to this HP document: https://hp.care/2qcTCtf

This document revels information on how to print on envelopes in the Mac OS.

Hope this helps. Feel free to keep me posted for any further questions.

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip! Spent over an hour today trying everything (MS office settings, Mac settings, updating printer driver, changing paper size, using 3 envelopes, printing as a pdf, printing from contacts, etc.)

The tape method is the only thing that worked. I guess it tricks the printer into thinking it's printing the envelope on regular sized paper. I used 2 pretty long pieces of tape (one for each side) to prevent them from coming undone and getting tape stuck in my printer!

It's a silly method but I don't print envelopes that often. And it's better than handwriting...

HP Recommended

This is really Mickey Mouse, but it works!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.