Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 3050 j610
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I can't print envelopes. The printer just slides it through without printing. If I put regular paper in the printer, it will print the envelpe settings. It is a standard envelope that has printed in the past. I have tried printing through mail merge, contacts and a word document. Help please.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mgfabc 

A warm welcome to HP Forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

HP Deskjet 3050 printer supports Envelops, the following table contains the list of supported envelope sizes:

If you are using an Envelop listed in the above table, then use the steps below to adjust the print settings and try to print:

1.) Load the Envelop onto the input tray, the front of envelope facing up and the flap to the left.

Loading envelopes into a rear load input tray

2.) Search the Mac for contacts, and then click the Contacts app in the results.

3.) Click the name of the contact you want to print on the envelope and make sure the address fields are filled out.

Contacts app

4.) Click File, and then click Print. Click the Show Details button at the bottom of the dialog if it displays.

5.) Click the Style menu, and then select Envelopes.

6.) Click Layout, and then select your envelope size from Layout pop up menu.

Contacts app layout settings

7.) To add, remove, or change the return address field, click Label, and then select or deselect the check box next to Print my address.

8.) Click Orientation, and then select the landscape option.

Landscape orientation option in Print window

9.) Click Print.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.