Yelrish1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't print

HP OfficeJet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't connect my printer with my desktop. It shows that the printer is "secured" and when I try to connect it (it asks me to input the pin from the router label, which I do), i get a message that says, "Windows can't get the network settings from the router."

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,572 12,551 834 820
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't print

@Yelrish1

I have gone through your post and would like to help

Are you able to go online on your desktop using the same network?

If you have any Antivirus I just you deactivate it for now and check if you are able to connect

Also download and run the HP Print And Scan Doctor from this Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe for Printer Connectivity issues

Run PSDR v5.0.2 

Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue.  If no issue found close PSDR. 

If the issue persists we will restore the network settings on the printer and reconnect it to your wireless network again

Keep me posted how it goes

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation