Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank 515
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi,

I've bought a Smart Tank 515 printer a week ago and everything is fine except one thing. It doensn't matter how I set up the printing job, I can't make it borderless. I've set up a document with two 5mm x 5mm sized rectangles at the top left and at the top right of the page. But sometimes the printer made a gap on the left side, sometimes the right rectangle doesn't even printed and looked like the page was scaled up, sometimes the left rectangle was at the left of the page but smaller like in case of printing with negative margins, etc. I've tryed almost everything, but I never got the result even close to what it should be. At least a 2-3 mm was cropped from those rectangles or one of them doesn't even exists at all on the final result.

I've printed right from InDesign, from PDF with HP Smart app, doesn't matter ar all.

Any advices?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DI_NomeD, Welcome to HP Support Community!

For borderless printing there is an alternative to what you listed:

1. Open the print dialog by selecting "Print"

2. Cllick on the Paper Size menu and select a borderless media size

3. Click "Print"

For applications that do not have a Paper Size selection menu in their Print dialog, do the following:

1. Select "File" and choose "Page Setup"

2. Select your printer in the "Format For:" menu

3. Select your borderless media size in the "Paper Size:" menu

4. Click OK

5. Select "File" and choose "Print"

6. Make any other printing adjustments that you want and click the Print button.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.