12-31-2019 06:45 AM
Been through quite a threads but not found anything that can help as of yet. I've printed probably less than 15 pages over the last 12 months , and just got round to setting up the instank ink (placing the first set of cartridges in.) Unfortunately while colour is fine - i'm not getting any black prints at all.
I've checked to ensure latest drivers are installed, i've run the setup / config / test prints numerous times and also changed the properties to 'glossy paper' in case that solved it (it didn't).
I've removed the cartridge and checked that ink is flowing (it is) and there's no clogs or anything like that. I'm now out of ideas. I've just received the email to state my instant ink service has started ... but so far haven't actually been able to print anything past 15 (colour only) test pages...
Any help is appreciated!
12-31-2019 06:58 PM
@8bitorc I recommend you try the copier as a stand-alone device without a computer and check if that works in color,:
- If it doesn't work, this could be a hardware issue,
- however, if the copier works and yet, the print out from the computer doesn't work in color, you can try the below steps:
- Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: CLICK HERE
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee