Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi

I bought the above print second hand, it was printing fine then the next day i wouldnt let me print no matter what i tried and displays the message in the subject of this post.

I have factory reset god knows how many time i have done the web services over and over i just dont know what to do.

How can i resolve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Scattymonkey

It sounds like the printer is still being monitored for the Instant Ink service -- or the printer thinks it is part of the program and is waiting for Instant Ink supplies.

Contact the good folks at Cloud Services and ask about options to remove your printer from the service / contract.

Information about the Instant Ink Serivce:

HP Connected - Instant Ink

HP Connected, ePrint, Instant Ink, and Print Apps (formally “Printables”)

In USA or Canada, call Cloud Services: 1-855-785-2777

HP Cloud Services and HP Tech Support

This is a guess:

If you have not done so, you might replace the ink cartridges in the printer.

The printer may let you print using "regular cartridges", that is, using ink that is not designated as "Instant Ink".

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @Scattymonkey

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are unable to print and are being direct to Instantink.com. i would like to help. 

This message would normally appear if there is a billing issue with the Instant Ink service. (sometimes it represents a connection issue, but I'm pretty confident that it is not.) I'm pretty sure that the original owner was enrolled in the Instant Ink program and failed to cancel the service properly.  Perhaps these articles are useful.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Instant-Ink-Account-needs-attention-or-Update-...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Connect-Printer-to-Internet-or-Connect-printer...

If you look at the printers Ink cartridges do they say Instant Ink on them? If they do, you can swap them out for regular store bought cartridges. The printer should then work. 

It would also help to reach out to the Instant Ink support team. Using the printers serial number they will be able to locate the account that the printer is linked to. Since you are now the owner of the printer I don't see why they would not cancel the account. It would not be fair to have you pay someone else bill. 

You can find the Instant Ink support number here

You can also send a tweet to @HPSupport. Though I wouldn't send any personal information via a tweet unless you are sending a direct message. 

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I recieved the Cannot Print notice how do I get to my accoount to clear this up

HP Recommended

This is typically an issue with the payment on file being declined. Perhaps you received a credit/debit card than what is on file, or you need to update the expiration date.Have a look at this Knowledge base article and follow the steps to see if it solves the issue.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Instant-Ink-Account-needs-attention-or-Update-...

Lisa 
- HP Instant Ink

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.