Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 4655 all-in-one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have used this printer for about a week without problem until now.  I printed a 4x6 photo out and now I can't get it to change the paper size back on the printer to copy or scan a regular size paper.  It will print from my computer on regular paper size.  Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please open and close the input paper tray and evaluate the shown prompt, click No and change it to Plain Paper / US Letter or A4 if the paper type or size are wrong.

Fro your PC open the HP Officejet 4650 software, select the Scan tab and click on Scan a document or photo.

Ensure the Page Size is set as expected as A4 or US Letter and try scanning.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@nikk21

If the printer is on the network, adjust / set the defaults for Copy and Paper Size.

If you like, use Webscan to scan simple documents / image files.

Open your favorite browser > enter the printer IP on the address bar / URL >

Settings > Copy Settings > Default Settings

EWS_Settings_Copy_1EWS_Settings_Copy_1 

Settings > Preferences > Paper Settings 

HP_8630_EWS_Settings_Preferences_Paper_2.jpg

Scan > Webscan > Adjust settings and scan

EWS_Webscan_1.JPG

The "scan" settings are likely just stuck / left-over from a previous job set.

Adjust the settings for the current job to match what you need.

EXAMPLE  HP Scan Extended 

Adjust Page Size to "Auto Detect Size", size of paper, or "Entire Scan Area"

HPSE_Scan-to-PDF_1.jpg

EXAMPLE: Printer Assistant shortcut icon on Desktop > Scan Document or Photo

Adjust Scan Size Area to size of document or "Entire Scan Area"

Printer_Assistant_8630_Scan_to_Document_3.JPG

Depending on your Operating System version (and printer model), there are several methods and programs are available to supplement your printer’s Scan capabilities!

Dragon Document – Collection of Help, suggestions, links to how-to videos, and examples: 

Scanning Program Options

Topics / Sections – various, including:

• Know and Understand Scan DPI / Scan Resolution options
  • HP Scan Extended – Exceptional standalone free scan program:  Single, Multiple scans, image and PDF scans, Auto-Crop!
  • NAPS2-- Not another PDF Scanner – free standalone program scans PDF files and image(s) as .jpeg or PDF file(s)
  • Printer Software (Full Feature Software > Printer Assistant > Print, Scan & Fax > Scan a Document or Photo)
  • HP Scan and Capture from Windows Store
  • And others…

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Did not solve the problem.  I am having the same problem with the HP OfficeJet 4566 when copying .   I changed settings to Envelope #10 to print envelopes and then could not change setting back to letter size to make a copy .  Just kept informing me I had incorrect paper to print an envelope.  Settings could not be changed on the control panel of the printer.

Settings are set correctly when viewing them on the computer through windows.  Any other suggestions.....

HP Recommended

Hello, did this problem get solved, I have just started getting it on my 4650

HP Recommended

my printer will not print on 6x4 photo paper 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.