12-16-2019 02:34 PM
Printer is Envy 4500 e-All-In-One- Printer. computer is a HP -15. Had no problems in printing until recent. But the computer cannot find the printer even with the printer showing network name & hostname, Both our on the same network. Even the HP scan & print doctor program cannot find the printer. I am assuming something got connected or turn off/on that prevents the computer, iPhone, & I-Pad to find the printer. Cav anyone help?
12-19-2019 03:58 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printer offline issue.
To better assist you - What's the distance between the router and the printer?
While you respond to that, try these steps to reboot the devices -
1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
2) Wait for 60 seconds.
3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
5) Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.
Try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Try assigning a manual IP. Refer to this video link for step by step instructions.
If the issue still persists, try adding a TCP/ IP port -
1) Print a Network Configuration Report from the Printer Settings or Wireless menu.
2) Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, click the Ports tab and then click Add Port.
3) Select Standard TCP/IP Port, and then click New Port.
4) Follow the instructions to add a new port using the information listed on the Network Configuration Report.
5) Try printing.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee