02-28-2017 07:23 AM
I selected factory default and lost my internet connection. I have a blinking wifi indicator.
03-01-2017 07:06 AM
Thanks for the post.
I understand that you performed a factory defaults on your printer and now the wireless light is blinking your printer. Don't worry, I will be glad to assist you.
Have you run the wireless setup on your printer after performing the factory defaults?
Are you able to make a copy?
May I know the reason for performing a factory default? (This could help me understand the issue and assist you better.)
Whenever you perform a factory default on the printer, the wireless settings will also be reset like a new printer.
The blinking wireless light indicates that the printer is not connected to any wireless router.
For the blinking wireless light to stop, you need to run the wireless setup wizard on the printer.
Please follow the steps mentioned below or refer to page number 199 in the printer manual. Click here for the printer manual.
1. On the printer control panel, press the (Wireless) button, and then, using the buttons on the right, scroll to and select Wireless Settings.
2. Select Wi-Fi Protected Setup, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
3. When prompted, select Push Button.
4. On the wireless router or wireless access point, press and hold the WPS button for 3 seconds.
Wait for about 2 minutes. If the printer connects successfully, the wireless light stops blinking but remains lit.
For assistance in retrieving the password for your wireless network, please refer to this HP Article.
Let me know if this helped or if you need any further assistance.
If the information I've provided was helpful,
Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- HP Printers - Minimum security settings for products on the open Internet
- HP Printers - AirPrint Print Job Does Not Print (iOS 11, Sierra, High Sierra)
- HP Printers - Cannot Print When One of the HP Ink Cartridges is Empty
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP Printers - Having Trouble Claiming Your Printer?