06-26-2019 01:37 PM
Bought a new black cartridge, installed it, and cannot get the printer to recognize it.
06-26-2019 05:59 PM
Thank you for joining the HP Community
I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Clean the printhead
From the printer control panel, use an automated tool to clean the printhead.
To avoid issues that require cleaning the printhead, always turn the printer off with the Power button on the printer itself.
Load plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper in the input tray, if it is not already loaded.
On the printer control panel, touch the Settings icon .
Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Cartridges.
The printer cleans the printhead and then prints a test page.
Check the test page for defects.
There are three cleaning levels. Complete all three if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform all three levels of cleaning again.
Try to print.
If the issue persists, try updating the firmware for the printer using this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-photosmart-7520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5199461/document...
Restart the printer.
Try to print.
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee