Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Getting "Jam in output bin. Open rear door and clear jam" error message.

Have done all steps on:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-LaserJet-200-color-Multifunction-Printer/5097648/model/509765...

...including...Yes, turning it off (for 60s) and back on.

Looked with a flashlight and cannot see any paper or debris.

IMG_0011.jpg

71 REPLIES 71
HP Recommended

Hi @kalmdown ,

I see that you are getting the error message "Jam in output bin. Open rear door and clear jam". You have already followed the document for paper jams and still have the same result. I will certainly do my best to help you.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Maybe instead of private messaging the solution, you could post it here in the forum so others can benefit?

HP Recommended
Rumor has it that the private message includes the special curse words you have to say to make the printer work again.

I'm not familiar with this model but generally LaserJets have a sensing finger that sticks out into the output pin and it goes up and down as sheets of paper are fed through.

In other models when you have that problem the lever is f***** up, that is stuck up using voice to text.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

Hi @plattc1024,

I see that you would like the reset for the printer. I would like to help you out today.

It is against HP policy to post the steps in the forums, but I can gladly Private Message you the steps. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi

I also have this problem - would you be able to send me the steps to resolve it?

Thanks

Jeff

HP Recommended

Hi @pdqsoft,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I understand that you need the reset for the printer. I can help you with this.

I can send you that information in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Please let me know the outcome and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am now getting this same message.  Would you mind sending me the appropriate steps at your convenience?  I have gone through the entire printer, cycled power and nothing seems to work and there are no pieces of paper (or scraps) to be found.

HP Recommended

Hi @ScottPSU,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're inquiring about the instructions to perform the NVRAM Reset to see if it will resolve the problem with the error message "Jam in output bin. Open rear door and clear jam". I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it. This will set the printer back to factory default settings. The network would have to be configured again.

Hope this answers your question. Please respond to this post with the results. Thank you for posting!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

HI 

I HAVE A HP LASER JET 100 MFP M175NW WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. JAM IN OUTPUT BIN EROR MESSAGE. I HAVE TRIED ALL TROUBLESHOOT INFORMATION BUT NO LUCK! PLEASE HELP

INDY

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.