01-11-2020 09:30 PM
Had Century Link dude come by and figure out why I was paying for 100mb, but only receiving 40 mbs. He did some refitting with offsite dude and now printer does not print wireless. Printed out Wireless Network Report:
Wireless on, Wireless Working, Network Name (SSID) Found, Security, Printer setting consistent with Wireless Router Settings.
No Filtering: FAILED ***Critical Action Required I went into router and changed filter - - - still no good printing.
Also when trying Wireless Wizard Automatic, does not accept Passphrase. Tries to connect then comes back as ERROR.
Security type is: WPA2-AES
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-14-2020 12:34 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
- Make sure the passphrase was entered correctly.
- Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Restore the network settings on the printer
On the printer, go to Setup > Network setup > Restore network settings
Restart the network devices
- Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
- Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
- Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.
Try connecting the printer to the wireless network again to check if the issue persists.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee