Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7155
iOS

Hi, I'm hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction. We have an HP Envy 7155 that is still fairly new to us. We have it all set up and have no problems printing from my MacBook Pro. Where I have issues is printing from the HP Smart application for iPhone. When I attempt to print a picture from the app, it only prints to normal sized letter paper. I do not have an option or an apparent way to print to photo paper. I am confident that it's loaded correctly since I can pull out my MacBook and print with the photo paper. Is there a spot in the app where I need to enable the second paper tray? It seems like if I can print from my MacBook that I shouldn't have an issue printing from HP's own app, yet, I am unable to do so. Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Birdman1304, Welcome to HP Support Community!

You can change the settings on the HP Smart App. Change print settings on your iOS or iPadOS device-

1. On the HP Smart app home screen, tap a Print or Scan tile.

2. Select or scan the document or photo you want to print.

3. Tap Edit.

4. Tap icons at the bottom of the screen to change print settings such as the number of copies, color options, or page size.

5. When you are ready to print, tap Done to save the changes and return to the Preview screen, and then tap Print.

Refer to the document HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to help. I actually found the solution on another post. Apparently to choose paper size in the app, you have to swipe up on a small grey bar. It's very easy to do but wasn't very intuitive.

"On the Print Preview screen, tap on the small gray bar above the printer name.

There you will find the paper option."

HP Recommended

@Birdman1304

That's great! Happy to hear that.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.