rinil
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot print or copy black on HP7520 printer

HP 7520
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I am unable to print or copy using black ink. I cleaned print heads, aligned printer, reinstall software . On last attempt at alignment received message "alignment failed. cartridges are set to default quality." The black cartridge is new, the place photo cartridge "may be low."  I saved a print document in "red" and was able to print it. Printer is probably 7 years old, so if there is no quick, inexpensive fix I will look to replace it, just don't look forward to going through the add new printer routine.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,266 6,253 457 499
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot print or copy black on HP7520 printer

@rinil, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation