02-01-2020 02:15 PM
The printer will not print or make copies. I can print out a copy of the printer information page so I know it does have ink and I know it can print. Any suggestions?
02-04-2020 12:55 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
From where are you printing the information page? Are you able to scan?
Use HP Printer Assistant to clean the ink cartridges in Windows.
Load plain paper into the input tray.
Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click the printer name in the list of results.
HP Printer Assistant opens.
Click Maintain Your Printer.
The printer toolbox opens.
On the Device Services tab, click Clean Cartridges .
A Print Quality Diagnostic page prints.
If the print quality is unacceptable, click Second-level Clean to continue the next level of cleaning.
If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform both levels of cleaning again.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee