Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (92 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot save scan to PDF

Product Name: ENVY 5549
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

-When scanning with my HP ENVY 5549, I can’t find a way to create grid lines with the mouse to configure the size and shape of the scan area like other scanners can. All I see are generic sizes for scanning.

-I can't get the preview to work in document mode, I can only use it in photo mode, Is this correct or am I missing something?

-I can’t find a way to save in PDF format, which is what I use almost exclusively.

-I can't get the scanner to save the scanned document to my Windows 10 computer. I keep clicking the save button, and nothing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot save scan to PDF

@Bud24

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5549 All-in-One Printer. I read that you would like to customize your scans and a few other things as mentioned in your post. 

To save your scanned documents from your printer please refer to this HP article. Please refer to Frequently asked questions >> How do I change scan settings like size, color, and resolution?

To save in PDF format, please refer to "Scan to a computer" from the HP article. 

Also, this HP document should come handy while scanning in the Windows environment. 

I hope this information helps Let me know. Cheers! 

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (64 Views)

@Bud24

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5549 All-in-One Printer. I read that you would like to customize your scans and a few other things as mentioned in your post. 

To save your scanned documents from your printer please refer to this HP article. Please refer to Frequently asked questions >> How do I change scan settings like size, color, and resolution?

To save in PDF format, please refer to "Scan to a computer" from the HP article. 

Also, this HP document should come handy while scanning in the Windows environment. 

I hope this information helps Let me know. Cheers! 

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (54 Views)

The advice was all I needed.  Everything's working perfectly now.

Thank you so much!

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (29 Views)

@Bud24

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm glad to know that the solution worked well. 

Happy printing! 

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation