Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5549
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

-When scanning with my HP ENVY 5549, I can’t find a way to create grid lines with the mouse to configure the size and shape of the scan area like other scanners can. All I see are generic sizes for scanning.

-I can't get the preview to work in document mode, I can only use it in photo mode, Is this correct or am I missing something?

-I can’t find a way to save in PDF format, which is what I use almost exclusively.

-I can't get the scanner to save the scanned document to my Windows 10 computer. I keep clicking the save button, and nothing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bud24

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5549 All-in-One Printer. I read that you would like to customize your scans and a few other things as mentioned in your post. 

To save your scanned documents from your printer please refer to this HP article. Please refer to Frequently asked questions >> How do I change scan settings like size, color, and resolution?

To save in PDF format, please refer to "Scan to a computer" from the HP article. 

Also, this HP document should come handy while scanning in the Windows environment. 

I hope this information helps Let me know. Cheers! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Bud24

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5549 All-in-One Printer. I read that you would like to customize your scans and a few other things as mentioned in your post. 

To save your scanned documents from your printer please refer to this HP article. Please refer to Frequently asked questions >> How do I change scan settings like size, color, and resolution?

To save in PDF format, please refer to "Scan to a computer" from the HP article. 

Also, this HP document should come handy while scanning in the Windows environment. 

I hope this information helps Let me know. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

The advice was all I needed.  Everything's working perfectly now.

Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

@Bud24

You're welcome. 🙂

I'm glad to know that the solution worked well. 

Happy printing! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.