02-19-2019 04:13 AM
I can print fine from my computer on wireless, I cannot scan. I get the message "scanner communication cannot be established". I have used the print and scan doctor. Using the HP printer assistant, I cannot check ink levels. Again, cannot establish communication with the printer. I have an HP laptop. I consistently have connectivity issues in one form or another with this printer. Very, very frustrating.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-20-2019 02:57 PM
Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,
- Is the printer able to make a copy? If yes, then it indicates that the scanning hardware is fine.
- Have you tried to scan from other applications like HP Scan and Capture, Windows scan or Microsoft paint?
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Please click here to download and install the software.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
You may also go through the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - Network Scanner Connection Error (Windows)
Let me know how it goes!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee