02-06-2020 10:54 AM
HP Officejet Pro 6968. Windows 10. New router. Need to reconfigure wireless setting. Cannot unlock wireless wizard. The screen show the following message, "This feature has been locked by the person who set up the printer." Of course I do not remember doing this. But in any case how do I unlock this feature so I can run the wizard and resume printing?
02-09-2020 10:29 AM
@HughMcCall I suggest you perform the below steps to resolve the issue:
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If the issue persists, click here for more steps
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee