sphynxuk
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant set up/print

HP Deskjet 2630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this in August, and have only just used it, as I was using up the ink in my old printer first.

On switching on, I heard it print out something. When I looked, it had printed half a line of text, and the rest was just a smudge.

On my PC, it said put in the code the printer has just given you. I didnt see a number!

I turned it off and on again, and then a page printed out (alignment), which was poor, to say the least. I could see all the blue on the printout, and none of the black.

I pulled out the ink (that came with the printer), and the ink pad was wet on the colour, but completely dry on the black.

I've tried to shake it, so see if the ink appears, and still nothing.

I've just downloaded the software to my laptop, but cannot set it up, as it asks me to print off pages, and look at IP numbers, etc, but how can I when its not printing?

I am supposed to get 15 free printouts, but ive used 7 already, just trying to get a clear printout, but nothing works.

Am I entitled a free replacement cartridge? I need to know at least that the printer isnt faulty.

Typical, when I need to print out some reports and info for an important meeting this week!

Sorry to ramble. Hope you can help! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
432 430 36 61
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cant set up/print

Hi @sphynxuk

Welcome to HP Forums!

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I need some information about your Instant Ink subscription.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Cheers

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation