Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP PSC 1315v
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hello, I got this printer second hand so maybe it has issues. It has adequate ink. But there is a jam in the printer carriage that prevents me from printing. When I take a look, it seems that there are two "tabs" that are along the printer carriage "line" that stand up and block the carriage from passing through so it is stuck in the middle between them. I think they are supposed to lower automatically but I'm not sure. Any idea how to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Power off the printer. Unplug the power cord from back of the printer.

Open the Cartridge access door. Now check in sided the printer on the left side. you would see a dial ( gear ). Try rotating the until the carriage starts to move from its position.  After which you may have to check for paper pieces near the carriage and across the cartridge access area. 

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi, I tried this and it made the little things go down but I still have a carriage stall and paper error even though I have paper in the printer. It still makes a weird snapping noise when the carriage is on the far left but other than that it moves smoothly.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Please click  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01577197  to access the steps that should resolve the issue .

If issue still persists after you have tried all the steps, then its time to go for a new printer.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.