Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I replaced a non-HP ink cartridge with another non-hp cartilage and it worked fine. Then I ultimately replaced all of them b/c I believe it said one of them was damaged. It initially stated that some of the cartridges were damaged and I went ahead and removed them and put them back or replaced them it fixed all the errors except for the Black cartridge. I have now tried two new non-HP cartridges black cartridges and even put the old non-hp that I have used for a year without a problem and I am still getting the same error. Here is what I have done:

• updated the firmware by following the instructions on HPs site. I have no idea how to confirm the printer has in fact updated. Does anyone know how to determine this?
  • I have unlatched and latched the printhead with the unit unplugged at least three times while the printer was unplugged. 

Any ideas of what to do next?

Thanks,

Greg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@gj692119

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You can Print a test page and check the firmware version: 1. From the printer control panel display, touch and slide your finger across the screen and then touch Setup. 2. Touch Print Reports and then touch Printer Status Report.

You can check the latest firmware version here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Also, try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

If the issue persists, I recommend you trying a genuine HP cartridge.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.