Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Lenovo P50
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ladies/Gentlemen,

I  bought last time I was in Holland, I live at Bonaire in the Caribbean, my cartidges 953XL (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black) and I cheched that they were suitable for my HP8710, printed on outside of the cartridge-box.

This morning I needed to change my cartridges and I was very unpleasantly surprised that the HP8710 came with the message: "de aangegeven cartridges zijn niet bedoelt voor gebruikt in deze printer" in English: "the mentioned cartridges are not ment for use with this printer".

Perhaps it has to do that my printer was not made in Holland.

Please tell me what I have to change, so I can use my expensive bought cartridges.

I thank you in advance for the solution.

Best regards from a sunny Bonaire,

Hugo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Akya01, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I would like to know the following:

Where was the printer purchased?

Where are you currently located?

Where did you purchase the ink cartridges from and was it working previously?

Try printing a printer status report and share the picture of the same with us. Refer to this document HP OfficeJet Pro 8700 Printers - Printing Self-Test Pages for help.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Akya01, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I would like to know the following:

Where was the printer purchased?

Where are you currently located?

Where did you purchase the ink cartridges from and was it working previously?

Try printing a printer status report and share the picture of the same with us. Refer to this document HP OfficeJet Pro 8700 Printers - Printing Self-Test Pages for help.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

You want to known where I bought the HP8710, well it was in Bonaire.

I still live in Bonaire but I am going soon back to Holland.

For that reason I bought already in Holland the 953XL cartridges.

The cartridges in my HP8710 (954xl) are almost empty and I had to buy yesterday a 954 Cyan as this one was already empty.

Now I want to use the 953xl ones but therefor the printer must first be reset to Holland (Dutch/The Netherlands).

HP-support Holland says I have to ask the HP-support here in Bonaire, but as we are a very very small Island we have no HP-support.

I hope this answers your questions.

Best regards,

Hugo

HP Recommended

@Akya01, Welcome to  HP Support Community!

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

To: TEJ1602

-------------

I tried more times and yes I got the value 41978 in box 51 but I unfortunately also got an error: There was an error. Try again.

Sorry I still cannot send you a private message.

Hope you have another solution.

Regards, Hugo

HP Recommended

To: TEJ1602

------------

I have the cartridges 954XP mounted in the HP8710, should that been the new ones for the new country: 953XL

Of course we get new values in the window if I mount the 953XL, but perhaps this the solution for the problem.

Regards, Hugo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.