04-28-2020 02:35 AM
I'm facing Black cartridge error and scanner busy problem. This happened all of a sudden after proper usage, I couldn't resolve the problem. I had searched for relative solutions and followed it but no use. ex: resetting the printer by unplugging in "ON state" and pressing power button 1-3 mins.
I have changed the entire cartridge set (colour + black) but this is no use too.
[ Error Facing: Black Cartridge Indication blinking and Scanner busy. ]
Please let me know any solutions, Thank you.
05-05-2020 04:40 AM - edited 05-05-2020 04:41 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand you are not able to print. I'd be happy to assist you.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
To resolve the blinking lights issue on the printer, kindly refer to this document.
Make sure the print carriage is moving freely inside the printer.
Check the scanner bar functionality
Perform a visual test of the scanner mechanism to see if it is jammed.
- Remove any original documents or photos from the scanner glass.
- Lift the scanner lid slightly, and then press the Copy button or icon.
If the scanner light does not move or moves halfway or is not lit, the scanner mechanism is likely jammed/broken.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee