Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For the last couple of weeks I would get the occasional "Cartridge is installed wrong" error message referring to the black ink one. Open the door take it out put it back in, message goes away. When that didn't work anymore shutting it down and restarting it would. But last night NOTHING would make it go away. I've read all of the shut it down, unplug it, clean contacts, check for updates and NONE of it worked. Still the "Cartridge installed wrong message".

So now the only thing that fixed it was for me to go spend $19 on a new HP black cartridge. Installed it and now it's fine. IMAGINE THAT!!

I'm enrolled in Instant Ink so I've had to go spend $19 that I shouldn't have had to because of a stupid error message that makes no sense. Now I have a smaller non Instant Ink black cartridge in there with the larger Instant Ink color cartridge so now I'm out of snyc.

I'm quickly getting turned off from HP products.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Jezza819

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I got an email on Thursday from HP saying the non instant ink cartridge I had to buy generated an alert to HP that it was non instant ink and to contact support immediately. I got into a chat with an agent that basically scolded me for going out and buying a non instant ink cartridge instead of contacting HP first. That sort of insults me because like I told the agent, I can't wait 4-10 days of being without a printer waiting on HP Instant Ink to send me the correct cartridge. I'm sure not many other people could do that either. I had to get a medical log printed out Sunday night to take to the doctor Monday morning.

So I guess this problem got solved the other day but I'm not very happy about it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.