Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 3830
Microsoft Windows XP

Good morning, I recently moved from South Africa to New Zealand. I have the Officejet 3830 printer. In SA I used the number 123 cartridges, which I cannot seem to find here. I bought the nr. 63 cartridges as the box said it was compatible with 3830, however it refuses to accept it, saying it's not compatible. Does anyone know the correct number for the Officejet 3830 cartridges in NZ? Or maybe the printer has another name here? At a loss. I really love this printer, would hate to give it up.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Olivier4

The cartridges purchased in New Zealand will not work with the printer as the printer was purchased in a different country. We need to do a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

You may send a private message to the HP Facebook Team for a faster response or you may also check your private message. I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So to stop us from being able to buy at a 'reasonable' price from another country you 'fix' your machine .

Forcing people to pay through the nose ?

Talk about price fixing, the big boys are above  that , or are they?

HP Recommended

Hi @geofrey234

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.