01-10-2020 04:19 AM
My parents recently bought an HP Envy 5020 printer. I loaded the cartridges, removing the foil, for them. At first it printed fine. After a couple of prints, we've encountered a cartridge error asking to install them correctly. I've done this numerous times but the problem isnt resolved. Is this a known fault with this model? Am I missing something simple? It would still be under warranty but would rather just solve the problem! Any help would be grateful!
01-13-2020 12:08 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
If you've any spare ink cartridges, do try that and check if you still get the error message.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-envy-5000-all-in-one-printer-series/14095644/model/14095648/...
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee