1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cartridges Depleted

HP PageWide Pro MFP 477dw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

To give everyone a quick background on the situation:

I got this printer a couple years ago when I lived in Texas and its worked great. I recently moved to Massachusetts (same country) and I'm getting a message saying "cartridges depleted". For the move, I kept the original box, with the original styrofoam, I removed the ink cartridges and kept both in a temperature appropriate room. After getting around to unpacking the printer and cartridges, the printer is now telling me that all the cartridges are depleted. I replaced the cartridges about 4 months before we moved and I can hear and feel plenty of ink in all the cartridges yet I'm still receiving the error in the attached photo. Also these cartridges are HP approved (972A). I'm at a loss as to what to do as I don't want to go out and spend $70-$80 a cartridge when these all have ink. I've also tried powering off the printer, unpluging the printer, removing the cartridges, etc with no luck. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. IMG-1497.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation