02-01-2020 05:44 PM
The black print stopped working. Replaced cartridge, cleaned the print head, didn't help. When I try to align cartridges it says it failed. One day, a message popped up on the computer screen as I was attempting to print, saying the cartridges needed to be aligned. I clicked on it and the printer worked again for about a week. I have never found that particular window again. Going to HP and trying the regular align won't work, whether on the computer or on the printer itself. The fact that it quit once and then started working again, makes me think it should be able to do that again.
02-04-2020 03:09 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community!
If you insert your old cartridge, do you get the error message?
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.
If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-7510-e-all-in-one-printer-series-c311/5070118/mod...
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee