Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Acer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, due to a move I have to re-install my wifi printer HP Deskjet 2600 to the new network 

I've found anything on the web how to succeed

I read something about holding wifi and cancel button 5 seconds, WPS button on the router, ...

No succeed

Can anyone help me ? Thank you.

Eric

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EM47 

Hello,

Make sure your computer is connected to a 2.4GHz wireless network, as your printer only supports 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.

Then try to install it over Wi-Fi by doing the following:

Press a series of buttons on the printer to reset the wireless settings to ensure a successful connection.

1. Go to Devices and Printer to delete your printer icon.
  2. Make sure the printer is on.
  3. If the wireless indicator light is flashing, go to the next step to continue the software installation.
  4. Press and hold down the Power button ().
  5. While holding down the power button, press the Start Black Copy button () two times, and then press the Cancel button () three times.
  6. Release the power button. The Wireless light next to the Wireless button should be flashing. Repeat these steps if the Wireless indicator does not blink.
  7. Proceed immediately to the next step to continue the software installation. You have approximately 20 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP Auto Wireless Connect feature.
  8. Launch the printer software installed on the desktop and click Connect a new printer.
  9. Follow these steps to set up your wireless connection when the HP Automatic Wireless Connection screen appears:
    • Select Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer, and then click Next.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software installation and wireless network setup for the printer.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hello

Thank you for the quick reponse

I understand the whole procedure, but I'm afraid that I will need a USB cale to connect the printer with my laptop

And that's the problem

Will I still find a new one, because I think I lost my old one ?

I'm living in Spain now, not in Belgium anymore 

Thanks again

Kind Regards

Eric

HP Recommended

@EM47 

Hello and thanks for your return,

Caution when moving, please make sure to use HP 304 ink cartridges in Europe (Spain) and contact HP.

Ink cartridge information for the HP Deskjet 2600 All-in-One Printer series.
Ink cartridge description
North America and Asia Pacific (excluding India, China, and Indonesia)
Western Europe
Middle East, Africa, Latin America, and CIS
China, India, and Indonesia
Black ink cartridge
HP 65 Black
HP 65XL Black
HP 304 Black
HP 304XL Black
HP 123 Black
HP 123XL Black
HP 803 Black
HP 803XL Black
Color ink cartridge
HP 65 Tri-color
HP 65XL Tri-color
HP 304 Tri-color
HP 304XL Tri-color
HP 123 Tri-color
HP 123XL Tri-color
HP 803 Tri-color
HP 803XL Tri-color

I therefore recommend that you contact HP (Spain) here.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.