Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grsoftware
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Change of region of Deskjet Printer: which cartridge? warranty?

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545

Hi all,

sorry to bother you, but I cannot get hold on a HP support agent since my printer is "out of warranty".

Anyways, I bought the printer in India (Region Asia), moved now to Germany (Region Europe), and need new cartridges.

First, I know that I can ask the support to re-regionise my printer.

But for that I need

a) genuine local cartridges (which number?! in India, it was 678, but in Europe neither the printer 3545 nor the cartridge number 678 exists).

b) Also, the printer is out of warranty. Will HP regionalise this printer? If not, I save the money for the cartridges and buy a new printer (very sustainable by the way).

Thanks everyone here for helping me out.

Best, Georg

2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
26,393 26,117 4,659 10,260
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi George,

Generally, HP Will reset the printer if the cartridges are in warranty with no fee, however, the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage is a printer series only available in select markets.

While your printer uses HP 650 cartridges in Europe, I afraid such cartridges are not sold in the local market in Germany, therefore you will not be able to find any compatible ink cartridges in Germany and the printer cannot be reset to a region where there are no compatible cartridges available, so replacing the printer would be the next option to consider:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01766411

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
grsoftware
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you ShlomiL for the swift and detailed reply! Will consider a new printer.

Best,

Georg 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation