Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Instant Ink
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After logging into InstantInk account and clicking billling info, there is no option to update/change the credit card number; there is only the option to change to paypal. Not acceptable.  What's going on with this website?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SkidoggT

Option - Important Information – Help with Instant Ink Account

Please read: Getting help with HP Instant Ink

Option:  Agent Response in the Community

Choose to wait for an HP Agent to find and respond to your request here on the community.

If there is a response from HP: 

• An HP agent will always post back on the Community before contacting you privately.
  • Agents are identified by the "HP" icon  next to the Profile ID avatar.
  • HP Moderators are identified by the "Mod" icon  next to the Profile ID avatar
  • Agents do volunteer on our Community on their own time.  Hours, number of agents vary by region.

If you wish to help yourself,

please continue below.

The "how to" document:

Updating Your Credit or Debit Card Information

Since you would change the credit card information within your account, I cannot see how the website influences the choices.  Having said that, it is possible that your web browser (either due to settings or other limitations) is not fully able to display the necessary information on the screen.  This, in turn, might make it appear the process is not working properly.

Regardless, if you are having problems, the following document explains what to try AND how to reach out to Instant Ink Support.

Resolving a 'Payment Problem' Message

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@SkidoggT,

Thank you for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums! I see from your post that you need assistance in updating the credit card details on your HP Instant Ink account. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this.

Splendid effort and fabulous description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score.  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 

Just wanted to check if there was any payment issues? Have you tried to use different browser to check if the issue persists?

What browser are you trying to use?

In this scenario, If you are changing your payment card information, retype the credit or debit card number, expiration date, and CVV number on the back of the card. To change any part of the information, you must retype all the fields. Make sure the billing address is correct.

For more in detailed, please follow these links: HP Instant Ink - Updating Your Credit or Debit Card Information  

Though this link is the same as the first one, there is no harm in going through:  HP Instant Ink - Resolving a 'Payment Problem' Message

In the meantime, Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@SkidoggT

Hi,

Your definately in the right place to update your credit card information by logging into your account and going to the billing section.  

Under that section it says "change payment method" but this is also the place where you can update your existing credit card. If you click that link does your existing credit card come up with information?  If yes, you need to re-populate all the information for credit card, even if you just want to change expiration date you stll need to re-type the credit card number, expiration and CVV.

I hope this solves the problem for you.  Let me know!

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.