Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Changing ink cartridges for 8610 'faulty or missing printhead' error

A7F64A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have the 'faulty printhead' error issue on my 8610.  Have done everything HP suggests to resolve except for replacing the ink cartridges.  So that is the next step?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,628 8,613 458 342
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JV8610

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

If you've tried all the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/docum..., then please replace the ink cartridges and check that is if you've spare ink cartridges.

Else I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FYI, I did also call the HP support team.  They really could not isolate it to anything specific, so I'm in limbo.  They told me I should probably buy a new printer. 

Instant Ink people will not work with me to determine for sure there is not an ink cartridge issue.  They basically told me I'm on my own as far as they are concerned.  So I'm to throw out a not so old printer when we have not ruled out ink cartridges.

I do have case numbers from both groups.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,866 9,859 622 752
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JV8610

I understand your concern. However, this is not an issue with the ink cartridges. As the error indicates, it is the printhead that has gone bad.

Replacing the ink cartridges will not help.

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. The printheads are as costly as a brand new printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation