Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I purchased my HP Officejet Pro 8630 in Canada a few years ago and now living in The Netherlands for another year. I have purchased official HP ink locally but my printer says that they are no good for the region ? how do I change the regional settings to accept the ink cartridges

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Simon56

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the region reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Simon56

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the region reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I need to change region on officejet Pro 8600 N911a from UK to US, to accept Us ink cartridges. Printer is no longer under warranty. Is there a number I can call to get the region coding changed? Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @Bernie401

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue.  

  

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device.  

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.  

  

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

  

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an HP Deskjet 2632, serial number ***, which I bought in Turkey.  I am now living in the U.S. but cannot use ink cartridges purchased in the U.S.  Can you help me re-regionalize my printer?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

i need to reset my region also hp 8630

HP Recommended

@pconkli1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset, and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Printer SN: CN473C40Z0
Total Page Count: 6902
Magenta Ink SN: 560525381
Cyan Ink SN: 558900252
Yellow Ink SN: 560655469
Black Ink SN: 555424056
RX(last 4 digits): 0000

HP Recommended

is anyone there?? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.