Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My printer is currently frozen in the Check Ink Cartridge Error Message mode. I have already removed and checked both cartridges but error message and problem persist, can you assist? Desperate for help/solution!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Having same issue today on an Office Jet K60 ? Any suggestions? 

HP Recommended

Hi drivabeemer02

Any luck if you clean the cartridge contacts and the printer carriage contacts?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpa00299

Then reset the printer as shown here

It's also worth checking that you have the latest software & driver downloads

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=ie&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=90764&

Please let me know if this resolves the problem

Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  I cheaned contacts on the cartridges as well as the printer, and then followed the reset procedure.  The check print cartridge is still blinking, even though I have not installed any cartridge after resetting at all.

The printer was working fine all along.  The problem started just a few days back.  The cartridges were last changed two weeks back.

Please help.

HP Recommended

Hi Alok-G,

I understand that you are having an issue with the check print cartridge light blinking. Follow the steps in this document for Blinking Lights. There is a section for blinking check ink cartridge light what causes it and how to clear it.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.