Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CynthiaOak
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check print cartridge keeps blinking. I am using a brand new off brand cartridge.

Photosmart 3180 all in one
Microsoft Windows Vista

I have been using an off brand pair of cartridges black and color.  Recently, the color " check cartridge" light started blinking.  I changed both cartridges and it still will not print.  The light is still blinking.  Is this because I did not install HP cartridges.  The test print did not work either.

1 REPLY 1
Level 19
Level 19
80,399 80,293 9,976 21,517
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Check print cartridge keeps blinking. I am using a brand new off brand cartridge.

@CynthiaOak wrote:

... Is this because I did not install HP cartridges.  The test print did not work either.

@CynthiaOak 

That could be 99.9% right because your printer does not know the code (QR or chip) of your new ink cartridges.  Pleae try to turn off printer, wait for 30 seconds and turn it on.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation